Thursday, August 20, 2009

Some thought-provoking numbers

Today 76% of U.S. citizens (173 million+) identify themselves as Christians, but we also have 24% who hold other beliefs. That's about 43 million people who need the freedom of religion promised by our Constitution--- and the separation of church and state preferred by our founding fathers. Current world estimates place Christianity at about 33% of the total population. A few of the other religions in the remaining 67% are Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, Taoism, Shintoism, & Native American Religions. I find it unreasonable to believe that 1/4 of U.S. citizens and 2/3 of the world population are all "evil." Jesus' teachings included love, forgiveness, brotherhood, and justice. He said, "In my Father's house there are many mansions."

Fact: God will be the judge, not you, or I.

No comments: